- Meeting Schedule
The purpose of this committee is to provide guidance to ensure that GSA focuses on topics that are most relevant to our membership. Subjects include very specific technology topics such as 3D IC packaging, as well as broader ranging topics such as taxation and education. The key is to address the business and technology areas of interest that are most important to our members.
To encourage the advancement and adoption of leading technologies and practices for the betterment of GSA constituents.
To provide general oversight and guidance to GSA’s working groups, committees, research, and events, as it pertains to key technological trends and their implications on the semiconductor ecosystem.
- Ensure GSA’s focus is aligned with the key technologies and practices that can have the maximum positive impact on its members
- Accelerate industry adoption of the emerging technologies and practices that are most significant to GSA members
- Support GSA’s efforts to encourage and promote entrepreneurship by providing counsel and guidance to nascent start-ups
NOV 6th, 2013 Meeting
Dr. Naveed Sherwani
Dr. Misha Burich
Dr. William T. Chen
Advanced Semiconductor Engineering, Inc. (ASE Group) (USA)
Dr. David Fried
Brian D. Gerson
Spreadtrum Communications Corp
Integrated Device Technology (IDT)
Amkor Technology, Inc.
Anthony Mark Miscione
Dr. Robert Rogenmoser
Prasad Subramaniam, Ph.D.
Dr. Michael Sun
MagnaChip Semiconductor, Inc.
Dr. Ely Tsern
Dr. Peter Vancorenland
- Chairman, Dr. Naveed Sherwani, President & CEO, Open-Silicon
- Jim Aralis, CTO, Microsemi
- Fari Assaderaghi, VP, Advanced Technology, InvenSense
- Dr. William Chen, Fellow & Senior Technical Advisor, ASE Group
- Calvin Cheung, Vice President, Engineering, ASE Group
- Tony Chiang, CTO, Intermolecular
- David Fried, CTO, Coventor
- Peter Gammel, CTO, Skyworks Solutions
- Brian Gerson, Fellow & Vice President, R&D, PMC-Sierra
- Daniel Gitlin, VP Manufacturing, Tabula
- Rich Goldman, Vice President, Corporate Marketing & Strategic Alliances, Synopsys
- Raghib Hussain, CTO, Cavium, Inc.
- Diana Jovin, Vice President, Strategy & Investor Relations, Spreadtrum Communications
- Dr. Vinod Kariat, Vice President, R&D and Fellow, Cadence Design Systems
- Christian Kermarrec, Vice President of Wireless Systems, IDT
- Robert Lanzone, Sr. Vice President, Engineering Services, Amkor Technology
- Dr. Shiuh-Wuu Lee, Sr. Vice President, Technology, SMIC
- Denis Masliah, Founder & CTO, ACCO Semiconductor
- Mark Miscione, Vice President, RF Technology Solutions, Peregrine Semiconductor
- Mark Muegge, VP of Engineering & Marketing, CamSemi
- Hao Nham, VP Engineering, eSilicon Corporation
- Mark Papermaster, CTO, AMD
- Pirooz Parvarandeh, CTO, Maxim Integrated Products
- Dr. Mark Redford, Vice President, Advance Technology, CSR
- Dr. Robert Rogenmoser, Sr. Vice President, Product Development & Engineering, SuVolta
- Dr. Klaus Schuegraf, Vice President & CTO, Silicon Group, Applied Materials
- Ritu Shrivastava, Vice President, Technology Development, SanDisk
- Dr. Hans Stork, CTO, ON Semiconductor
- Prasad Subramaniam, Vice President, Design Technology, eSilicon
- Dr. Michael Sun, Process Integration Manager, Intersil
- Dr. Ely Tsern, Chief Technologist, Rambus
- Dr. Peter Vancorenland, Vice President, Engineering, Silicon Labs
- Rafic Zein Makki, GLOBALFOUNDRIES
Date: November 6, 2013
Time: 7:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
Location: Open-Silicon, 490 N. McCarthy, Suite 220, Milpitas, CA 95035
For the November 6th meeting, we will be joined by Dr.’s Tsu-Jae King Liu and Jan Rabaey. Tsu-Jae will be representing the Berkeley Nanosciences and Nanoengineering Institute (BNNI) while Jan will be representing the Ubiquitous SWARM Lab at UCB. Both have tremendous resumes and are true leaders in their fields, and both will share what UC Berkeley is accomplishing as well as developments on the horizon.
- Dr. Tsu-Jae King Liu: http://www.eecs.berkeley.edu/~tking/
- Dr. Jan Rabaey: http://www.eecs.berkeley.edu/Faculty/Homepages/rabaey.html
*Our apologies for the unusually early start time. Tsu-Jae and Jan need to be back on campus by 11:00 a.m. and need to leave the meeting by 10:00.
Contact Wade Giles to RSVP.
November 6, 2013 Meeting
- Dr. Tsu-Jae King, UC Berkeley – Nanoscale Transistor Design
- Dr. Jan Rabaey, UC Berkeley – The Ubiquitous Swarm
May 1, 2013 Meeting
August 8, 2012 Meeting