- Meeting Schedule
The purpose of this committee is to provide guidance to ensure that GSA focuses on topics that are most relevant to our membership. Subjects include very specific technology topics such as 3D IC packaging, as well as broader ranging topics such as taxation and education. The key is to address the business and technology areas of interest that are most important to our members.
To encourage the advancement and adoption of leading technologies and practices for the betterment of GSA constituents.
To provide general oversight and guidance to GSA’s working groups, committees, research, and events, as it pertains to key technological trends and their implications on the semiconductor ecosystem.
- Ensure GSA’s focus is aligned with the key technologies and practices that can have the maximum positive impact on its members
- Accelerate industry adoption of the emerging technologies and practices that are most significant to GSA members
- Support GSA’s efforts to encourage and promote entrepreneurship by providing counsel and guidance to nascent start-ups
MAY 7th, 2014 Meeting
Date: May 7, 2014
Time: 8:30 AM – 11:00 AM
Location: ASE Group, 1255 E. Arques Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94085
Guest Speaker: Dr. Handel Jones, Founder & CEO of IBS, Inc. IBS covers various projects in smartphones, communications infrastructure equipment, smart televisions, game consoles, wearable devices, computer systems, storage systems, automotive electronics, imaging systems, and other areas of high technology.
Dr. Naveed Sherwani
Dr. Misha Burich
Dr. William T. Chen
ASE Fellow & Senior Technical Advisor
Advanced Semiconductor Engineering, Inc. (ASE Group) (USA)
Dr. David Fried
Brian D. Gerson
VP, Central Engineering
VP, Strategy & Investor Relations
Spreadtrum Communications Corp
VP and GM, Timing & Synchronization Division and Wireless Systems
Integrated Device Technology (IDT)
Sr. VP, Engineering Services
Amkor Technology, Inc.
Anthony Mark Miscione
Vice President, RF Technology Solutions
Prasad Subramaniam, Ph.D.
VP, Design Technology
Dr. Michael Sun
MagnaChip Semiconductor, Inc.
Dr. Ely Tsern
VP and Chief Technologist of The Memory and Interfaces Division
Dr. Peter Vancorenland
VP, Engineering & Broad-based Products
- Chairman, Dr. Naveed Sherwani, President & CEO, Open-Silicon
- Jim Aralis, CTO, Microsemi
- Fari Assaderaghi, VP, Advanced Technology, InvenSense
- Dr. William Chen, Fellow & Senior Technical Advisor, ASE Group
- Calvin Cheung, Vice President, Engineering, ASE Group
- Tony Chiang, CTO, Intermolecular
- David Fried, CTO, Coventor
- Peter Gammel, CTO, Skyworks Solutions
- Brian Gerson, Fellow & Vice President, R&D, PMC-Sierra
- Daniel Gitlin, VP Manufacturing, Tabula
- Rich Goldman, Vice President, Corporate Marketing & Strategic Alliances, Synopsys
- Raghib Hussain, CTO, Cavium, Inc.
- Diana Jovin, Vice President, Strategy & Investor Relations, Spreadtrum Communications
- Dr. Vinod Kariat, Vice President, R&D and Fellow, Cadence Design Systems
- Christian Kermarrec, Vice President of Wireless Systems, IDT
- Robert Lanzone, Sr. Vice President, Engineering Services, Amkor Technology
- Dr. Shiuh-Wuu Lee, Sr. Vice President, Technology, SMIC
- Denis Masliah, Founder & CTO, ACCO Semiconductor
- Mark Miscione, Vice President, RF Technology Solutions, Peregrine Semiconductor
- Mark Muegge, VP of Engineering & Marketing, CamSemi
- Hao Nham, VP Engineering, eSilicon Corporation
- Mark Papermaster, CTO, AMD
- Pirooz Parvarandeh, CTO, Maxim Integrated Products
- Dr. Mark Redford, Vice President, Advance Technology, CSR
- Dr. Robert Rogenmoser, Sr. Vice President, Product Development & Engineering, SuVolta
- Dr. Klaus Schuegraf, Vice President & CTO, Silicon Group, Applied Materials
- Ritu Shrivastava, Vice President, Technology Development, SanDisk
- Dr. Hans Stork, CTO, ON Semiconductor
- Prasad Subramaniam, Vice President, Design Technology, eSilicon
- Dr. Michael Sun, Process Integration Manager, Intersil
- Dr. Ely Tsern, Chief Technologist, Rambus
- Dr. Peter Vancorenland, Vice President, Engineering, Silicon Labs
- Rafic Zein Makki, GLOBALFOUNDRIES
Date: February 13, 2014
Time: 8:00 AM – 10:30 AM
Location: Merrill Lynch: 560 Winchester Boulevard, Suite 500, San Jose, CA
Guest Speaker: Ken Gabriel, Corporate Vice President and Deputy of Advanced Technology and Projects (ATAP) from Motorola Mobility/Google, and former DARPA Deputy Director. Ken has previously spoken regarding DARPA’s innovation initiatives and how he is currently applying this to the private sector.
Below is an article from the Harvard Business Review with background on DARPA: “Special Forces” Innovation: How DARPA Attacks Problems
Contact Wade Giles to RSVP.
November 6, 2013 Meeting
- Dr. Tsu-Jae King, UC Berkeley – Nanoscale Transistor Design
- Dr. Jan Rabaey, UC Berkeley – The Ubiquitous Swarm
May 1, 2013 Meeting
August 8, 2012 Meeting