Semiconductors are at the very heart of technology development
Overview: Key Semiconductor Industry Trends
- The automation trend, including the Internet of Things, presents a big opportunity for the semiconductor industry, as demand for related technologies has grown rapidly.
- In particular, the automotive industry (including self-driving cars) is a key investment area for semiconductor companies, as demand generated from advanced driver assistance systems, electric drive systems, in-vehicle infotainment systems, etc. is expected to soar.
- Ongoing IoT adoption across industries has lead to a widened customer base for semiconductor companies. It is vital that semiconductor companies work intimately with related customer segments to enable new solutions.
- Semiconductor companies will need to adapt their business models even more to allow greater partnering / solutions development with both their new and existing customers.
- Semiconductor companies must make huge investments in new designs and materials, as they attempt to keep pace with Moore’s Law, while the viability of this theory remains in question.
To read more about this report, please click this link: Accenture Research: Semiconductor Techvision