MagnaChip Semiconductor, Inc.
1, Hyangjeong-Dong, Heungdeok-Gu Cheongu 361728 Korea
T (800) 483-1140 F (800) 253-5177 www.magnachip.com
MagnaChip Semiconductor, Inc. is a leading, Korea-based designer and manufacturer of analog and mixed-signal semiconductor products for high volume consumer applications. The company has a broad range of analog and mixed-signal semiconductor technology and IP, supported by its 30-year operating history, large portfolio of registered and pending patents and extensive engineering and manufacturing process expertise.
The company offers foundry services to fabless analog and mixed-signal semiconductor companies that require differentiated, specialty analog and mixed-signal process technologies as follows:
1. Mixed-signal process technology is used in devices that require conversion of light and sound into electrical signals for processing and display. MagnaChip's mixed-signal processes include advanced technologies such as low noise process using triple gate, which uses less power at any given performance level.
2. Power process technology, such as BCD, includes high voltage capabilities as well as the ability to integrate functionality such as self-regulation, internal protection, and other intelligent features. The unique process features such as deep trench isolation are suited for chip shrink and device performance enhancement.
3. High voltage CMOS process technology facilitates the use of high voltage levels in conjunction with smaller transistor sizes. This process technology includes several variations, such as bipolar process, which use transistors with qualities well suited for amplifying and switching applications, mixed mode processes, which incorporate denser, more power efficient FETs, and thick metal processes.
4. Non-volatile memory, or NVM, process technology enables the integration of non-volatile memory cells that allow retention of the stored information even when power is removed from the circuit. This type of memory is typically used for long-term persistent storage.
- Wireless Communications
Products / Services Offered
- AMS/RF (Analog, Mixed-signal and RF)
- Outsourced Semiconductor Assembly & Test
- Wafer Foundry Services
- Public: NYSE : MX
- For additional financial information for all public semiconductor companies, and select suppliers, click here:
Mergers & Acquisitions
Transaction Type: ACQUIRE
Announced Date: 2012-01-27
Payment Method: Undisclosed
- Young-Joon Kim - CEO
- Theodore Kim - Chief Compliance Officer, Exec. Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary
- Jonathan Kim - CFO, Executive Vice President and Chief Accounting Officer
- Tae Jong Lee - Exec. VP and GM, Corporate Engineering