Global Semiconductor Alliance Event Attendee Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions are between The Global Semiconductor Alliance (“GSA”) and the person who completes the relevant registration form (“You”) for the GSA Event as described in the booking form (“Event”).
Confirmation of bookings
1. All registrations are subject to availability and acceptance by GSA, which will be confirmed in writing (including by e-mail) after GSA has received the completed registration, the related fee if required (the “Fee”), and anything else that GSA may require.
- Upon GSA’s written confirmation to You of its acceptance of your registration for a place at the Event there shall be a legally binding contract between GSA and You to which these terms and conditions apply.
- GSA reserves the right to refuse to accept any registration in its absolute discretion.
- Fees for the Event are correct at the time of publication. GSA reserves the right to change the Fees at any time but changes will not affect registrations which have already been confirmed by GSA. The Fees (where required) are payable at the same time as You submit your booking form by credit card or check. You acknowledge that GSA cannot guarantee places held on a provisional basis and that places may sell out.
- The Fees include:
(i) For conference attendees: one place at the Event, refreshments, lunch and Event materials.
(ii) For awards dinner attendees: one place at the awards dinner and cocktail reception, refreshments, dinner and Event materials.
- The Fees do not include travel to or from the Event or any accommodation costs incurred.
- Under VAT Excise regulations attendees from all countries are required to pay VAT @ 20% on all Events taking place in Europe. For Events in other countries, attendees are required to pay any excise duty or other sales tax which is applicable.
Changes, Cancellations and Postponements
- Whilst our programs are correct at the time of going to press, in certain circumstances it may be necessary for GSA to alter the content, format, venue or timing of an Event. All attendees will be notified of such changes prior to the Event.
- If You cannot attend an Event for which You have registered, please contact GSA as soon as possible (and in any event no later than 24 hours before the Event) at email@example.com. GSA may at our absolute discretion allow You to send a substitute in your place (provided GSA has received the details of such substitute).
- If You notify us that You wish to cancel your attendance at an Event for which a Fee is payable, then cancellation charges shall apply as follows (please note that refunds may take up to 14 working days), which You agree represent a genuine pre-estimate of the costs GSA will incur as a result of cancellation:
|Written notice received by us
|% of Fee to be charged
|More than 30 days prior to the first day of the Event
|Within 30 days to the first day of the Event
- The refund will be distributed in the same form as the original payment was received (e.g. credit card payment will refund to same credit card account number).
- GSA may in exceptional circumstances need to postpone or cancel an Event, and we will notify You as soon as reasonably practicable of any such postponement or cancellation. If an Event is cancelled, or if an Event is postponed and You cannot attend the rearranged date, we will refund any Fees You have paid in advance within 8 weeks. You agree that GSA’s liability to You will be limited to the amount of the Fees You have paid and GSA will not be liable to You for any expenditure, damage or loss incurred by You as a result of the cancellation or postponement.
- GSA reserves the right to cancel your attendance at the Event and retain any Fees received in respect of your proposed Event attendance if You (or any of the shareholders or directors of the legal entity which You represent) become(s) subject to any Sanction, or continuation of these terms would (in the reasonable opinion of GSA) expose GSA to any Sanction, where “Sanction” means any sanction, prohibition or restriction under United Nations resolutions or the trade or economic sanctions, laws or regulations of the United States of America, European Union, United Kingdom, or Hong Kong.
Your attendance at the Event
- Please advise us of any special access requirements at the time of making your booking.
- GSA reserves the right, without any liability, to refuse You admission or eject You from the Event for failure to comply with these Terms; or if in GSA’s opinion You represent a security risk, nuisance or annoyance to the running of the Event.
- You are permitted to make reasonable video or audio recordings and to take photographs at the Event, in each case for your own personal use. You must not make video or audio recordings of the whole (or substantially the whole) of the Event or of any session within the Event, or use any recordings or photographs for commercial purposes, unless expressly permitted by GSA.
- You acknowledge that the Event or part of it may be filmed by audio, visual, audio-visual or electronic means or photographed, including photographs of individuals or groups of attendees. You agree to permit GSA, or any third party licensed by GSA, to use and distribute such footage and photographs, which may feature images of You, in all or any media (including social media) whether now known or hereafter to be invented throughout the world in perpetuity for the purposes of advertising, publicity, reporting and otherwise in relation to the exploitation of such recordings and photographs.
- You are responsible for arranging your own appropriate insurance cover in connection with your attendance at the Event. To the maximum extent permitted by law, GSA shall not be liable for any kind of loss or damage to You or your personal property, unless caused by our negligence.
- Materials distributed by or on behalf of GSA at an Event may not be reproduced without GSA’s permission.
- Views expressed by speakers are their own and GSA disclaims all liability for advice given or views expressed during an Event. Materials distributed at an Event are intended for information only and should not be relied upon.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, GSA shall not be liable to You for any direct, indirect, economic or consequential loss or any loss of business, use, profit, anticipated profit, contracts, revenues, goodwill or anticipated savings arising in connection with this Agreement, even if You have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage.
- The names, job titles and organizations of all registered attendees will be placed on the attendee list for the Event. This list will be displayed via an online attendee directory and via the GSA Conference app, so that attendees can see who is at the Event for the purpose of networking and meetings. Attendees acknowledge and agree that they shall not, under any circumstances, use the attendee list for their own promotional and marketing purposes.
- GSA will only contact you for marketing purposes and will only pass on your contact details to sponsors for marketing purposes.
- These terms contain the entire agreement between You and GSA.
- If any provision of these terms is held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be severed and the remainder of the provisions will continue in full force and effect as if the terms had been executed with the invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision omitted.
- Any express or implied waiver to perform any obligations under these terms will not prevent the subsequent enforcement of them.
- A person who is not a party to these terms has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of these terms.
- These terms shall be governed by United States of America law and You hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the U.S. courts. Nothing in this clause shall limit GSA’s right to take proceedings against You in any other court of competent jurisdiction.
- If You have any questions about these Terms & Conditions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- These terms and conditions were published on March 1, 2020 and apply to all registrations placed from that date until these terms and conditions are superseded by a new version.