All public company awards are determined by GSA using public financial data; therefore, nomination forms are unnecessary.
Most Respected Public Semiconductor Company Awards
The industry’s Most Respected Public Semiconductor Company Awards are designed to identify the public companies garnering the most respect from the industry in terms of its products, vision and future opportunities. GSA reviews the criteria below for all publicly traded Fabless and IDM semiconductor companies for two 12 month periods using quarters Q3, Q4, Q1, and Q2. All companies that meet these criteria are segmented into four separate revenue groups and each GSA member company votes for a single winner of the Most Respected Public Semiconductor Company for each group.
- All publicly traded semiconductor companies, Fabless and IDM only
- Company must report $100M or more in total Revenue for each of the two 12 month periods
- Stock price must be greater than $1 USD on JUN 30 for each of the two 12 month periods (applies to U.S.-listed companies only)
- Company must have a Market Capitalization of $250M or more on JUN 30 for each of the two 12 month periods
- Company net income must be positive for each of the two 12 month periods
- YoY company revenue growth must be greater than YoY industry revenue growth for the last two 12-month periods
Most Respected Public Semiconductor Company Revenue Groups:
- Achieving >$5 Billion in Annual Sales
- Achieving $1 Billion to $5 Billion in Annual Sales
- Achieving $500 Million to $1 Billion in Annual Sales
- Achieving $100 Million to $500 Million in Annual Sales
Best Financially Managed Semiconductor Company Award
The Best Financially Managed Semiconductor Company Award is derived based on a broad evaluation of the financial health and performance of public fabless and IDM semiconductor companies. Numerous financial metrics as well as their respective rates of change or year-over-year improvement are analyzed. These financial metrics transverse various categories including but not limited to growth rates, margins, cash flow, profitability ratios, efficiency ratios and return on capital. All companies are ranked on each metric as well as its rate of change, and then the overall performance is compared to the peer universe to determine the winner.
This award has two categories:
- Achieving Greater than $1 Billion in Annual Sales
- Achieving Up to $1 Billion in Annual Sales
Analyst Favorite Semiconductor Company Award
Semiconductor financial analysts from top-tier firms select their favorite semiconductor company for this award. The analysts base their decision on historical, as well as projected data, such as stock price, earnings per share, revenue forecasts and product performance.